Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Japan


In December 1999 I went to Japan to stay with a friend. She had come to Japan to teach english for one year at an elementary school in Chiba just outside of Tokyo. And I, like many American men, find Asian women beautiful so I couldn't wait to arrive. But, when I finally made it to the city, I thought I may have landed on a different planet. I was confronted with these young Japanese women in Herman Munster boots. Their skin was bronzed and their hair bleached. Their clothes were bright as well as their eye liner and lip liner. They looked like they stepped into a blacklight experiment with neon makeup and clothes on or better yet they looked like a negative of themselves. Maybe Japanese men found this attractive but Asian women in general look better the way God made them. I hope it was all a cruel joke forced upon the them by Japanese men to try and scare away potential Gaijin from sweeping up their women and hauling them off to the land of....well actual land without buildings and concrete. You see, Japan in many parts is very dense so they have to maximize there space by building up and they have to dress their women like clowns to keep the Gaijin at bay. I don't know, but it worked on me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home