Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Arrival and Opening of the Funny Bones



The Funny Bones are here! Thanks to Mia at Shaken not Stirred. I still like getting packages in the mail like a kid. I can't wait to open it. I grab the box and settle on the couch and look for a corner to start on. I rotate the box several times and realize it's like looking at a flying saucer from one of those cheesy scifi flix.



There are NO SEAMS. Impressive packaging Mia. I retrieve the scissors from the kitchen and make a seam. I peal back the first layer to find...




another layer. Oh man, she going to make me work for it. That's o.k. I will fill in the calorie deficit soon. I cut through the second layer to the box and tear off the top and what's inside?..



another layer. This ones easy though. I unwrap the last layer to find the Funny Bones in a plastic grocery sac. I can only surmise that the multi-layering was to: 1. Keep the pastrys fresh and 2. It is true what they say about the rats in NYC being big and mean.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, you've heard about the rats...
NYC's a tough place, for sure.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

But they didn't get my Funny Bones.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

Ha! Them bones were packed by a pro i'll have you know.The manager of Oriole Textile's shipping department packed the box. The very same hands that handle textiles for Disney, the NFL and a bunch of big name designers. My daddy packed that box. Now you know why I struggle at Christmas to get my gifts open. The man has invented his own method of torture.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

Next time I will have the table saw ready.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home