Monday, April 03, 2006

Blue Day


I was going to start posting again today. It's impossible at work now where I was able to do most of it. Today just wasn't a good day. My dad has early/mid stage alzheimer's and my mom has a brain injury sustained a year ago from cardiac arrest. She was my dad's caretaker, but now I have someone care for them in their home. I went over today and was trying to explain something to my dad but he gets confused and takes it wrong as though I think he is stupid. It's frustrating. I don't want to hurt his feelings. I want him to enjoy what days he has left here. I don't know how I could do it though knowing my brain was dying slowly. It sucks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

I'm sorry to hear about your parents illness. My mom had a stroke a couple of years ago and it took at least a year before she could talk "normally" again. I guess all you can do is what you're doing and always say sorry when he thinks you're hurting his feelings.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Best to you...my folks are almost 80 and my unvle and aunt are near death...aunt just had a stroke. Life's a vapor!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

Glad to know Im not alone.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home